Hear Poppy’s fertility story about male-factor infertility and the effect of stress on her journey
In this episode, we talk to Poppy about her 3-year fertility journey and how currently she is taking time off work to reduce the anxiety and stress caused by infertility.
Poppy and her husband were diagnosed with male-factor infertility fairly early in their journey,
Poppy shares how her acupuncturist suggested a possible ureaplasma infection and through this helpful prompt, they were able to correctly diagnose and treat this and also have surgery for a varicocele. She also discusses her frustration with the system pushing them straight to fertility treatment without looking at the potential causes
Stress has been a major factor in the journey for Poppy and she finally sought help last summer by reaching out to her doctor to say ‘I’m not coping’. Interestingly her doctor has herself gone through infertility and said that not acknowledging the stress was one of her biggest regrets.
“Infertility is a breeding ground for miscommunication”
After taking some time off and delving into some relationship and support tools to help improve the communication between Poppy and her husband, Poppy opens up about what has worked for her and what she still needs now.
From 40 minutes onwards,
In this episode:
- Hear Poppy’s fertility story
- How their male-factor issues weren’t correctly investigated causing delays
- How stress and anxiety has affected Poppy
- The relationship tool Poppy used to completely turn around the ‘miscommunication’ between herself and her husband
- Plans for IVF soon
- From 40 minutes onwards,
Karennacoaches Poppy and inspires her with some ideas for how she can improve her mental and emotional health during infertility
You may also like:
- EP2 – Stress and Fertility
- EP3 – Relaxation and FREE guided meditation
- The male experience of infertility
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- How gratitude can transform your every day
- One of the many free meditations available in the Toolbox
- EP15 – Changing negative thought patterns by being your own best friend
- Poppy’s fertility story
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Free resources, tools and exclusive community for emotional support during infertility
Connect with us on social media:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/yourfertilityhub
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/yourfertilityhub/
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com.au/yourfertilityhub/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjEG761nvI3WNT9J3j0IYw
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.
Support for your fertility journey
Join the Toolbox community for access to our exclusive Facebook group where you can get tips, recommendations and support from women all over the world. Also, you get access to a huge range of articles, freebies, interviews and downloads with more added every month!