Listen in for some practical strategies to help you deal with pregnancy announcements during infertility and how to set boundaries with friends and family.
Pregnancy announcements can be so debilitating when you’re trying to conceive. It feels like everyone around you is getting pregnant (easily!) and you are the only one.
They can send you spiralling into days of sadness and tears and worst of all they can be sprung on you at any moment seemingly from all directions.
It’s time to take back control. Yes, we can’t control others getting pregnant but we can set some boundaries, learn more compassion for ourselves and use some mindset tools to help cope in a better way.
Listen in as Karenna chats you through her top tips to help you deal with pregnancy announcements during infertility or read our blog on the topic too!
In this episode:
- Setting boundaries
- Developing a ‘how to tell me’ plan
- The pain of avoiding friends and social situations
- Validating your feelings
- Being compassionate with yourself and others
- Practical tools to help you cope better
You may also like:
- EP33 – Keeping positive during infertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-33-keeping-positive-during-infertility/
- EP44 – 8 Coping strategies for infertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-44-coping-strategies-infertility/
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- EP8 – Gratitude – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-8-gratitude-can-dramatically-improve-feel-today/
- EP9 – Saying ‘No!’ – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-9-saying-no-whilst-ttc/
- EP15 – Changing negative thoughts to improve your natural fertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-15-changing-negative-thoughts-to-improve-your-natural-fertility/
- EP51 – Interview with Sam Payne about miscarriage – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-51-miscarriage-support/
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Free resources, tools and exclusive community for emotional support during infertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/toolbox/
Connect with us on social media:
Join us on social media for our regular inspiration and information and so much more!
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/yourfertilityhub
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/yourfertilityhub/
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com.au/yourfertilityhub/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjEG761nvI3WNT9J3j0IYw
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-Tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.
Infertility isn’t a path you have to walk alone.
Your Fertility Toolbox brings you the support & emotional health tools you’ve been searching for.
Tools, Community, & Support to help you not only weather the storm of infertility but THRIVE!
Your Fertility Toolbox is a web-based app and online fertility wellness centre that helps women trying to conceive endure and overcome the challenges of infertility through community support, coaching, and MIND+BODY tools.