Dr Ali Domar is a world-renowned Harvard scientist and scholar who has devoted her career to helping couples live through infertility in a better way and ‘lots of pregnancies are the happy result’ she says.
In this episode, we find out what mind and body mean, how it can help you get pregnant and hear many stories about couples who’ve conceived despite all the odds after going through her mind-body programs for infertility.
We chat to her about how she started out in this field and how over the years she has created a wealth of experience and scientific studies into the impact of mind-body programs on infertility patients.
Dr Domar was fundamental in setting up the Domar Centre for Mind-Body Health and is the director of Mind-Body programs at Boston IVF.
We delve into what ‘mind-body programs for infertility’ comprise, what makes them successful and how you can apply some of these techniques in your own lives.
We talk about the complex relationship between stress and infertility and why relaxation is a central component of the mind-body programs for infertility patients.
Dr Domar shares the complexities of natural pregnancy and IVF success rates but how over the years, her research has consistently demonstrated a doubling of these rates when mind-body programs are employed.
Together we champion how everyone going through infertility should have access to these programs and how clinics should be taking their part in offering these.
Karenna also alludes to the new digital program she is launching soon – Your Fertility Toolbox – which is based on the excellent work and studies Dr Domar has undertaken over the last 30 years.
In this episode:
- Dr Domar – how she started out working in infertility
- How the mind body program was born (from women uncontrollably crying when she told them they couldn’t participate in her study)
- What she has learned about the mind body connection and how this impacts pregnancy rates
- Stories from women and couples who have gone through the mind body programs for infertility patients in Boston
- The future of mind body programs – the apps she developed (Ferti Calm and Ferti Strong) and the new Your Fertility Toolbox app being launched by Your Fertility Hub
You may also like:
- Stress and Fertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/podcast-episode-2-stress-fertility/
- Mindfulness: Your secret weapon during infertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/mindfulness-secret-weapon-fertility/
- Podcast EP29 – An Integrative approach to fertility care – https://yourfertilityhub.com/integrative-fertility-care/
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- The Domar Center, Boston – https://www.domarcenter.com/
- Ferti Calm App (US only) – http://www.ferticalmapp.com/
- Ferti Strong App (US only) – http://fertistrong.com/
- Journal of Fertility and Sterility – The relationship between stress and infertility: We need to stop arguing about whether or not stress causes infertility and focus on what really matters: patient-centered care- https://www.fertstertdialog.com/posts/64455-domar-consider-this?room_id=101-consider-this
- PLOS One Journal – An internet-based mind/body intervention to mitigate distress in women experiencing infertility: A randomized pilot trial – https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0229379
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Join our beautiful private community and access hundreds of amazing MIND+BODY resources specifically for fertility. Join for free or as a VIP member and for as little as a dollar a day to get supported through direct message fertility coaching, regular events and full access to our Toolbox anytime through our innovative app
Connect with us on social media:
Join us on social media for our regular inspiration and information and so much more!
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/yourfertilityhub
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/yourfertilityhub/
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.
Support for your fertility journey
Join a community of women learning to live more positively through infertility and supporting each other to find their way out!
Access a huge toolbox of MIND+BODY resources as well as regular events, direct-message fertility coaching and support – all in our innovative new app!