In this new year’s episode, we talk about how to reset your thinking to be more positive and healthy, including forgiving yourself and others – so let’s refresh your thinking about your infertility!
Most women going through infertility aren’t very kind to themselves – they spend hours in their own heads being really mean – thinking things like: “I’m never going to pregnant” and “everyone around me is getting pregnant, it will never be my turn.”
This is creating a reality of sadness, anger, jealousy and loads of other emotions and making every day living – absolute hell!
It’s possible to think differently. It takes work and regular practice but you can think more positively, even when you’re not pregnant yet or your situation hasn’t changed. In this episode, we tell you how.
Firstly, Karenna starts by sharing she has a couple of very rare spots open for fertility coaching – get more information and book your first call here. Secondly, listeners are encouraged to join up to the FREE Toolbox as an exclusive offer is being launched soon and only Toolbox members will be invited in! Exciting!
How to refresh your thinking about your infertility:
1. Awareness – everything always starts by identifying what thoughts aren’t healthy for you – what thoughts are causing you stress and sadness. The best way to do this can be journaling your thoughts. Writing them out each day and then you can start to identify common thoughts. Soon you will become aware of them all the time and note when you are triggered to think that way. You’re also encouraged to add a small gratitude practice when journaling – just think of 3 things that day you are grateful for. Start small and build up
2. Forgiveness – Some of our negative thinking comes from build-up resentment towards ourselves or others so we talk about ways to forgive. We talk about writing a letter to someone in your life you’re feeling angry towards, waiting 3 days and deciding if you wish to send it, edit it or throw it away. You may also need to forgive yourself for some things.
3. Choose your thinking – ask yourself what you would like to be thinking about instead of those negative thoughts.
4. Get support – it’s hard to do this alone so talk it out with a loved one or find external support like a therapist of fertility coach
In this episode:
- Find out how you can press refresh on your fertility thinking
- Identifying negative and unhealthy thoughts
- ‘Instead thinking’
- Who to turn to for support
You may also like:
- EP17 – Finding direction on your fertility journey
- EP16 – Goal setting during infertility
- EP26 – Jealousy
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- EP15 – Changing your negative thought patterns to boost your natural fertility
- EP 8 – Gratitude and Fertility
- Fertility Coaching – Book your call here
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Free resources, tools and exclusive community for emotional support during infertility
Connect with us on social media:
Join us on social media for regular inspiration and information and so much more!
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/yourfertilityhub
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/yourfertilityhub
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com.au/yourfertilityhub
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjEG761nvI3WNT9J3j0IYw
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.
Infertility isn’t a path you have to walk alone.
Your Fertility Toolbox brings you the support & emotional health tools you’ve been searching for.
Tools, Community, & Support to help you not only weather the storm of infertility but THRIVE!
Your Fertility Toolbox is a web-based app and online fertility wellness centre that helps women trying to conceive to endure and overcome the challenges of infertility through community support, coaching, and MIND+BODY tools.