What to do if you’re not happy with your fertility clinic or doctor?
Some fertility clinics and doctors are fantastic – so caring, you feel listened to and you couldn’t fault their treatment.
Unfortunately, not all of them are. This week for the umpteenth time, I listened to a client telling me she feels like she’s just a number at her fertility clinic and I decided to podcast some ideas of what you can do about it and
Is your fertility clinic or doctor providing personalised care?
It’s such an emotional experience every time you visit your RE / FS/doctor or fertility clinic. Often you’ve been building up to appointments and treatments for weeks or even months. When you feel like the doctor is not really listening, like you’re just one of many couples on their treadmill and importantly you don’t feel ‘connected’ – it’s time for a change.
It’s hard to change, it’s scary
This is too important an issue to stay and stay silent.
So what can you do about it? In episode 14, we talk through how to approach it and what to do if you want to change doctors or fertility clinics.
The main takeaway is that you deserve the best! Your goal of becoming parents is too important to be getting second best and hopefully, if you’re in this situation, this podcast gives you the motivation to make a change.
In this episode:
- What I mean by being treated by just a number
- The business of running a fertility clinic
- How to approach your fertility clinic or doctor if you’re not happy
- Why it’s so important to speak up and feedback
- What to do if you want to change fertility clinic or doctor
- How to review, recommend and feedback to help others make an informed decision about the fertility clinic or doctor
- How together we can raise the bar in the fertility industry and make the emotional part of your treatment just as important last the medical side
You may also like:
- EP1 – Why the emotional side of fertility is so important
- EP9 – Saying ‘NO’ whilst TTC
- How to relax during infertility – Your Fertility Toolbox members only
- Is stress affecting your fertility – Your Fertility Toolbox members only
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- EP4 – Interview with Priya where she talks about getting a second opinion and how that transformed her TTC journey
- EP7 – Interview with Shiree where she talks about feeling just like a number at the clinic and how it’s taken her years to release she needs to seek support outside the clinic
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Free resources, tools and exclusive community for emotional support during infertility
Connect with us on social media:
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.
Infertility isn’t a path you have to walk alone.
Your Fertility Toolbox brings you the support & emotional health tools you’ve been searching for.
Tools, Community, & Support to help you not only weather the storm of infertility but THRIVE!
Your Fertility Toolbox is a web-based app and online fertility wellness centre that helps women trying to conceive endure and overcome the challenges of infertility through community support, coaching, and MIND+BODY tools.