One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to fertility. Often an integrative and individualised approach to fertility care can help women get pregnant. Learn more from leading expert, Dr Victoria Maizes.
When you’re TTC (trying to conceive), it feels like you have to tick all these boxes and you’re always searching for the one thing that might break the infertility enigma code.
An integrated and individualised approach to infertility care can often yield the best results. In this interview, we chat to leading world-expert Dr Victoria Maizes (Executive Director of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine) about how you can best achieve this approach and all the elements you can ‘take into your own hands’
In this episode:
- What is integrated medicine?
- What is an integrative approach to fertility care
? What questions will an integrated fertility doctor ask?
- What fertility tests should your doctor be ordering
- Common themes within infertility when you look at the person as a whole – low iodine, thyroid function and celiac disease (4% of Unexplained Infertility is related to undiagnosed celiac disease)
- What you can do WITHOUT seeing a doctor
- How important it is to reduce stress whilst trying to get pregnant
- What to do when you’ve tried everything and still not pregnant
- The importance of support when you’re TTC (trying to conceive)
You may also like:
- EP27 – What’s your fertility formula?
- EP14 – You’re more than just a number at your fertility clinic
- Coping with an unexplained infertility diagnosis
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- ‘Be Fruitful: The Essential Guide to Maximizing Fertility and Giving Birth to a Healthy Child’ by Dr Victoria Maizes
- More information on Dr Victoria Maizes
- Dr Maizes’s
TedXtalk on eating organic and reducing environmental toxins
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Free resources, tools and exclusive community for emotional support during infertility
- IVF Thrive online support course
Connect with us on social media:
Join us on social media for our Monday motivational posts and Friday funnies and so much more!
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.