Today’s episode is about the sheer importance of emotional support during fertility treatment.
Hear from fertility specialist Dr Gad Lavy and relationship therapist Samantha Lavy about how they are making it a priority in their clinics.
It’s a fact – the take up of in-clinic counselling or therapy is very low. In Australia, it’s mandatory to offer counselling during fertility treatment but clinics vary in their approach and promotion of this.
In this interview with the amazing couple, Dr Gad and Samantha Lavy, from the New England Fertility Institute and JSRC, they chat with us about their unique approach and understanding of the importance of emotional support during fertility treatment.
In this episode:
- A call to arms to talk with your clinic about the emotional support they offer and ask for more!
- Dr Gad Lavy shares the challenges of going through infertility treatment and impact on relationships
- We talk about the importance of emotional support during fertility treatment and how this should be prioritised by the industry and individuals
- The individual needs for emotional support for surrogacy and LGBT patients
You may also like:
- Managing emotions during IVF – https://yourfertilityhub.com/managing-emotions-ivf/
- An integrative approach to fertility care with Dr Maizes – https://yourfertilityhub.com/managing-emotions-ivf/
- Fertility Coaching – IVF Support package – https://yourfertilityhub.com/fertility-coaching/
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Your Fertility Toolbox – Free resources, tools and exclusive community for emotional support during infertility – https://yourfertilityhub.com/toolbox/
- NE Fertility – https://www.nefertility.com/
- JSRC Relationship Consultants – https://www.jsrcgroup.com/
Connect with us on social media:
Join us on social media for our regular inspiration and information and so much more!
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/yourfertilityhub
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/yourfertilityhub
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com.au/yourfertilityhub
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjEG761nvI3WNT9J3j0IYw
For more insight, subscribe to the show for regular episodes and please leave a review on i-tunes so we can share the message and help more women find their way through and out of infertility.
Make sure you are placing importance on emotional support during fertility treatment by joining Your Fertility Toolbox app.
VIP members access a whole range of IVF Support materials such as meditations for each stage of fertility treatment, video guides, workbooks, affirmations and support in our private community from women going through the same things as you. Learn more here.
Infertility isn’t a path you have to walk alone.
Your Fertility Toolbox brings you the support & emotional health tools you’ve been searching for.
Tools, Community, & Support to help you not only weather the storm of infertility but THRIVE!
Your Fertility Toolbox is a web-based app and online fertility wellness centre that helps women trying to conceive to endure and overcome the challenges of infertility through community support, coaching, and MIND+BODY tools.