Simply fertility coaching has 2 aims:
- Reduce the negative impact infertility is having on you and your life
- Enhancing your body’s natural fertility using mind-body techniques. Fertility coaching can directly impact egg health, shrink fibroids, improve sperm mobility, reduce PCOS symptoms, reduce endometriosis and much more.
It’s simple, effective and it works
Fertility coaching is an exciting and innovative therapy which is highly successful in helping you feel more positive and in improving your chances of conceiving.
Fertility coaching combines experienced fertility knowledge, cognitive-therapy, guided relaxations and visualisations, positive psychology and professional coaching skills to transform your experience of fertility, assist your body and mind to be in the healthiest place possible and teach you relaxation tools and stress-reduction techniques which you will use for the rest of your life.
We change your mindset to be more positive, provide you with coping skills and (although it’s hard to believe right now) we help you feel calm and in control of your fertility journey.
We supercharge ‘YOU’ to supercharge your fertility
“In a study by Harvard University, women accessing a supported mind-body program were over twice as likely to conceive as those who didn’t. Of those women that got pregnant, 76% did so naturally (without medical intervention) within 12 months despite their age, number of years of trying and diagnoses.”
How does fertility coaching work?
Fertility Coaching is a highly personalised, intensive mind-body program where we work 121 to:
- De-stress you, help you find balance and teach you proven relaxation techniques and self-help tools
- Help you drop the guilt and self-blame forever and learn to take better care of yourself
- Uncover any emotional blocks, stop the negative thoughts looping in your mind and help you change to more positive thinking
- Assess lifestyle, physical and emotional factors affecting your fertility
- Help you heal from the traumas of infertility and teach you simple coping techniques so your journey is more up than down
- Alter your mindset so your life and view of your fertility is much more positive
- Strengthen and motivate you
- Help you optimize your relationships whether that be with your partner, family, friends or colleagues
- Set goals for yourself and make you accountable to them (in a nice way!)
- Build you up and enhance and maximise your body’s natural fertility through mind-body techniques
- Prepare you for parenthood and guide you to find your way out of infertility
“I liken fertility coaching to being a bit like your ’emotional’ gardener. I come to you when you need some help and I assist you in clearing out any weeds, designing a plan, optimising you and all the conditions and getting your garden into it’s most fertile state. I then help you regularly to maintain all that and am there with experience and knowledge to guide you.”
What can I expect?
- All clients start with a comprehensive pre assessment which includes your fertility, relationship, menstrual and family history. Once this is completed, you are booked in for your transformation session, where we chat through any potential issues identified in your pre assessment, start to identify emotional areas that are affecting you and develop goals and an action plan for you to achieve these goals.
- Following the first session, you will receive a personalised Fertility Coaching Goals booklet for you to review. This contains the goal state we are working towards and any specific actions, affirmations and visualisations relevant to you.
- In subsequent sessions, we use a variety of tools such as cognitive therapy, coaching and guided relaxations to help you reach those goals and your personalised Fertility Coaching Goals booklet is updated after each session with any changes. The guided visualisations and relaxations are a favourite part of each session for many clients – it’s an opportunity to be guided into a state of complete relaxation and we bring in your goals and past history to completely tailor the experience to you, help you restructure your thoughts and maximise your fertility. Fully-edited versions of your tailored relaxation and transformation recordings are available in addition to the coaching for you to download and use in between sessions
- The sessions are very informal and allow you to open up about how fertility is affecting you and uncovering anything that may be unhealthy for you, working together to boost your fertility.
- Sessions are conducted virtually by video call and in between sessions, you have unlimited access via email during office hours for additional support. All information discussed within the coaching is of course completely confidential and is time just for you to let go and be clear on what you need in your life right now and how you can maximise your chances of getting pregnant.
You don’t have to do this alone!
Fertility Coaching is like having an experienced guide at your side, showing you the way through and out of infertility
About your fertility coach
Karenna Wood is an international fertility coach who has worked in the UK and Australia. She is an expert in positive psychology, coaching techniques, hypnosis and meditation for fertility and is also an independent antenatal teacher and HypnoBirthing practitioner.She specialises in the emotional side of fertility and birthing and is a passionate advocate for mind-body medicine and the power of relaxation.
- First class BA (Hons) Applied Communications
- Certified Fertility Coach, The Fertile Body Method
- Certified Fertility Educator, The HypnoBirthing Institute
- Diploma in Childbirth Education (DipEd), Childbirth International
- Certified Hypnobirthing Practitioner, Marie Mongan Method, The HypnoBirthing Institute
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI), Infant Massage Information Service
In 2017, she founded ‘Your Fertility Hub’ to reach more women with the tools and techniques she uses in private practice, to empower more women to take control of their fertility and to create an inspiring and supportive community. Your Fertility Hub aims to help thousands of women worldwide reduce the negative impact of infertility and enhance their natural fertility.
Karenna has two children and firmly believes she was able to shortcut her fertility journey by implementing the mind-body tools from her coaching.
You can read more about Karenna’s story and behind the scenes at Your Fertility Hub here.
Why I do what I do?
When people ask me why I do what I do, I tear up every time (embarrassing I know!) I can’t even explain to you how passionately I feel about trying to help women TTC. Being a fertility coach and spreading the word about the power of working with the mind for fertility is like a compulsion.
I get so angry when I hear of doctors carelessly dropping in comments like ‘It’s unlikely you will ever get pregnant.” and I’m right there with you when you want to scream and shout at the latest insensitive comments or pregnancy announcement. I cry happy and sad tears along with my clients and lay awake some nights thinking how best I can help them. I do a really bad, embarrassing dance when one of my clients gets pregnant! I don’t see this as a job, more of a mission and I feel incredibly privileged to be here with you right now.
I know there’s a better way to live through and get out of infertility. I’ve seen it firsthand with my clients. I founded Your Fertility Hub to spread the word wider and to help change the conversation around fertility to be more positive, more personal and more mainstream.
What clients say
“I worked with Karenna through my 2nd and 3rd IVF cycles, a miscarriage and the early stages of my recently successful pregnancy. She helped prop me up and give me the tools to get through it all. Karenna provides an invaluable service to women going through some of the toughest days of their lives. She offers a wonderful support and seems to be able to easily pick apart a problem and help you work through a solution. I cannot recommend the service you provide enough.”Rachael
“Karenna is a dedicated, loyal and supportive Fertility Coach. It was wonderful to finally have someone to share my concerns and fears with, as well as my aspirations, hopes and dreams for the creation and expansion of my family. Through her powerful processes and tools, we were able to uncover those things that were holding me back from being 100% committed to my fertility journey. As I worked through each step with the knowledge that Karenna and her compassionate and understanding ways were there to support me, I came to focus more on the joys that lay before me, rather than the worries that had previously over-powered and over-whelmed me. Thank you Karenna for offering such a unique and treasured service. I would be delighted to recommend your services to all future mums.”Sheonaigh
“We conceived our first gorgeous son after a long fertility journey including two miscarriages, open surgery for fibroids and IVF which included 6 unsuccessful transfers. When we came to start trying for our second child we had one embryo left and I was determined that I would be physically and mentally ready to give that little embryo the best chance for survival. I worked with Karenna to help prepare mentally. The words that most stayed with me, even now, was about envisioning welcoming the embryo ‘home’. I immediately felt differently and I also felt my mind settling about the previous 6 fertilised embryos that were transferred. The transfer was successful, and my precious second little boy came into the world when I was just 6 months pregnant. He came home from hospital 9.5 weeks later, perfectly healthy and simply gorgeous.”Priya
“I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to meet Karenna and have her guide me at this part of my fertility journey. From our first consultation I found that Karenna is very perceptive and was able to pick up on underlying issues that she was able to help me work through. She has helped me to visualise and plan my daily goals. She has also helped me to find ways to implement daily relaxation techniques into my busy day. It has started the ball rolling on making important changes to having a happier and healthier me.”Shiree
“Karenna is a wonderful listener and had the ability to extract feelings and thoughts from me that I did not even realise were affecting me and how I felt about having another baby. It was quite a confronting experience, in a positive way, as I was being shown all the things that could be affecting my chances of falling pregnant, when it was least expected. I left the session feeling clearer about my emotional readiness for having another baby and with the tools to achieve this.”Kirsty
Frequently Asked Questions
What stage of my fertility journey should I start fertility coaching?
You can start fertility coaching at any stage of your fertility journey. Many clients will attend fertility coaching when they are searching for new ways to maximise their fertility and in addition to IVF (I offer a specialised coaching process for IVF) or other medical treatments, whereas others come to fertility coaching at the beginning of their journey.
Regardless of what stage you are at, fertility coaching can help as it is tailored to the individual
How does coaching and visualisation help women get pregnant?
Visualisation is a key element of achieving any goal, allowing the mind to completely focus and deliver clear, healthy messages to the body. Through tailored and guided visualisations we can identify and work with the subconscious mind to create long-lasting changes, actual physical changes in the body and clear away any negative thought patterns or experiences which may be affecting your and your fertility. This is also deeply-relaxing benefiting your mind and body in many ways.
The coaching means we are solution and future-focused and set bite-sized goals that you can achieve to get you into your most fertile state ready for conception.
Fertility coaching with Karenna is really unique as it combines experienced fertility knowledge, meditation and visualisation tools, professional coaching techniques and positive psychology techniques to help you bring about change to your fertility journey.
Through fertility coaching, you will feel informed, empowered and in control of your journey.
What does fertility coaching include?
Fertility coaching packages include:
- Your comprehensive pre-assessment
- Initial goal-setting and identifying session
- Follow-up 60-minute sessions
- A personalised workbook, affirmations and actions updated after every session
- In addition, you have complete and unlimited access to ALL the Your Fertility Hub Online Courses (worth over $250) and Toolbox goodies and community, so you can work through these at your own-pace inbetween sessions and benefit from the support of other women going through the same things you are.
- Unlimited email access during office hours
Fully-personalised recordings and visualisations can be sent to you in addition to your coaching package.
Does Fertility Coaching work?
Of course, there are no guarantees, however fertility coaching is very successful in firstly helping you feel happier, more positive and in control and secondly putting your body in the best possible place to get pregnant.
Many research studies have shown that women who use mind-body tools / programs and practice visualisations have over double the pregnancy and IVF success rates.
Does it contradict other fertility or alternative treatments?
No, fertility coaching will only enhance other fertility treatments and will in no way contradict any other treatment you are receiving. This is also the case for alternative therapies e.g. acupuncture, as the coaching is working with the mind and overall health and well-being.
In fact, fertility coaching is highly successful at maximising your chances of getting pregnant whilst undergoing medical treatments and includes specific visulisations and therapy to accompany IVF and other assisted reproductive technologies.
Does this replace the need for other treatment?
In some cases fertility coaching is all that is needed to create the most fertile conditions for natural conception; whereas in other cases, the coaching can be the perfect companion to medical treatments such as IVF. Depending on your personal and medical circumstances, fertility coaching can work alone or as part of a holistic treatment plan.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions needed varies for each individual. All clients start with an initial transformation consultation and goal-setting session and a follow-up session as a minimum. Following that, further sessions can be booked within blocks of 3 and 6 sessions. Treatment plans are fully flexible throughout so we can respond to any new experiences or matters that arise during treatment. We will discuss the best options following the initial consultation.
Do you see both partners?
No, we only see one partner. It is important to fully focus on one individual and it would be a conflict to work with both parties. If both partners wish to pursue fertility coaching, we can refer one partner to a relevant practitioner
What locations do you work in?
As sessions take place online so clients come from anywhere in the world. We are as flexible as possible around your time zones and schedule.
For our sessions, it’s important that you can find a quiet space where we will not be disturbed and as we are working over the Internet, that you have a good, strong internet connection.
How do I book?
Start with a FREE 30-minute ‘Fertility Breakthrough call. This allows you the opportunity to meet Karenna, learn more about the coaching and see if it’s right for you. There is no obligation before or following the call – we have found it’s an important step for both us to see if we connect and the coaching can help you, so don’t be afraid to apply and book a call, even if you’re not 100% sure right now. You can book a call directly into Karenna’s calendar here.
Let’s get started…
- Are you yearning for and ready for change? Do you need something different for your journey? When you’re at that place and we start coaching together – that’s where the magic happens.
- Are you ready to embrace a new way of living through and out of your fertility journey?
- Are you ready to feel more positive each and every day, to take control of your fertility and have someone motivating you and supporting you every step?
- Are you ready to give to yourself? To invest not only in your fertility but your overall health, relationships, career etc and to find time to nourish and nurture YOU, as YOU are at the heart of your fertility journey?
So many women go through infertility alone or wish they’d sought support earlier.
Don’t be one of them!
Book your free call today and feel supported, energised
and supercharged for your journey
PS: Don’t be scared of booking a call. This allows you the opportunity to meet Karenna, learn more about the coaching and see if it’s right for you. There is no obligation before or following the call – we have found it’s an important step for both us to see if we connect and the coaching can help you, so don’t be afraid to apply and book a call, even if you’re not 100% sure right now.
“I left the first session feeling clearer about my emotional readiness for having another baby and with the tools to achieve this.”Kirsty